The x-ray film surprised everyone, 19 magnets came out of the little boy’s intestine


Uras Aslan Aktaş was hospitalized by his family after complaining of severe abdominal pain and vomiting. In the examinations, 19 neodymium magnets used for play were detected in the intestine of the little child.

Silivri Anatolian Hospital Pediatric Surgery Specialist Prof. Dr. Ali Çay took the boy to surgery. During the 45-minute operation, 19 magnets were removed.

Mother Ayşegül Aktaş, who said she was surprised, said, “There was a very severe abdominal pain during breakfast. I wanted him to go to the toilet. But the pain continued. Then I took him to the bedroom to rest, at that moment he said to me, ‘Mom, I swallowed a magnet. As such, we rushed to the hospital. I didn’t know it by number, he said he swallowed 1-2. But I saw on the x-ray that the number was much higher. Our doctor took surgery, thank goodness we are now in good shape, “he said.

“I KNOW THAT IT WAS DANGEROUS, IT WAS THE RESULT OF A MOMENT INVESTIGATION”

Stating that there are many videos about these magnets trying to attract the attention of children, mother Aktaş said, “There are incredibly videos about magnets on social media. These videos are all very colorful and beautiful. Videos that even remarkable adults cannot remain indifferent to. They create amazing visuals and make shapes with them. Products that can be easily purchased from the Internet. I knew it was dangerous, but unfortunately, it was in our house and swallowed it after a moment of carelessness. We’ve been through a big deal, but now thankfully we’re fine. “I will definitely destroy them when I go home.”

“THIN GUTS GASKED TO EACH OTHER”

Prof. Dr. Ali Çay said, “Our patient was urgently operated after signs of intestinal obstruction. These magnets are very strong and can stick to each other in different intestinal segments, causing pressure in the intestine, intestinal perforation and obstruction. In our patient, both the small intestine and the large intestine were stuck together. We repaired the injured parts of the intestine. We completely removed these 19 magnets, “he said.

“10 TO 20 TIMES STRONGER THAN NORMAL MAGNETS”

Underlining that these magnets are very powerful, Prof. Dr. Tea families warned with the following words:

“10 to 20 times stronger than regular magnets. The number of such cases has been increasing steadily since 2019. These magnets are used as toys. Since they are like colorful candies, children can swallow them while playing. Generally, children between 3 months and 3 years old tend to put these kinds of things in their mouths. However, regardless of age, we see cases of multiple magnet swallowing in increasing amounts in the digestive system. This is the 2nd case I’ve seen recently. We shouldn’t see them as a toy. Very dangerous when swallowed. It can cause life-threatening complications for our child. I seriously warn you. It can cause life-threatening complications. That’s why I recommend them to stay away from such toys. ”

Download the NTV application, be informed about the developments

BABY RECOVERED FROM CRUSHING


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *