Studies have shown that Glutathione, a critical defense mechanism for cells in our body, can reduce the severity and death rates of covid-19. So what is Glutathione? How does glutathione boost the immune system? Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist Assoc. Dr. Hülya Şirzai told me.
WHAT IS GLUTATION?
Glutathione, a very powerful antioxidant that protects the body by destroying reactive oxygen molecules and free radicals, is a small protein consisting of three amino acids; glutamyl-cysteinyl-glycine. It has an important role for our health. Our immune system depends on a constant supply of glutathione. There is some glutathione in the cells of all living organisms. However, malnutrition, toxins, medications, stress, trauma, aging, infections, and radiation deplete our glutathione levels.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GLUTATION?
Glutathione, often referred to as the “main” antioxidant, increases the use and recycling of other antioxidants in our body, namely vitamins C and E, alpha-lipoic acid and CoQ10.
– It detoxifies the body.
– It allows toxins and heavy metals to be removed from our body.
– Plays an important role in immune function by stimulating natural killer (NK) cell function and promoting the healthy function of T cells and other white blood cells. (It is of great importance for coronavirus)
– It reduces the side effects of chemotherapy in cancer patients.
– Rejuvenates the skin.
– Helps alleviate symptoms of hormone imbalance (including PMS and hot flashes), mood disorders such as depression and anxiety, inflammation, sleep disorders, low libido and weight gain.
WHICH DISEASES DOES GLUTATION DEFICIENCY CAUSE?
The diseases that have a high risk of developing in people with low levels of glutathione in the body are as follows;
– Neurodegenerative diseases – Parkinson’s Disease and Alzheimer’s Disease
Immune diseases (autoimmune)
HOW IS GLUTATION APPLIED?
Since glutathione is of great importance to the immune system, interest has doubled in the coronavirus process. The most effective way to increase guttathione and ensure its active use is to take it intravenously. When the application is first made, a total of 6 sessions are applied. These sessions are also organized once or twice a week. After 6 sessions, people can see another 6 sessions whenever they want. The application is done painlessly through a vascular access. It takes 10 or 15 minutes in total.
After starting the 6-session application, the effects begin to be seen with the end of the second application. With the end of the 6th session, all effects are clearly seen. This application is an application that can be repeated at any time. Even if the people do not continue the treatment, the effect of the application will last between 2 and 4 months.