Child Health and Diseases Specialist Dr. Ayşegül Parlak made important statements by stating that the nutrition of mothers during breastfeeding is very important for the health of babies.
Expert Dr. Bright, referring to the importance of including all food groups in the diet of mothers, “Eat a balanced diet with healthy snacks between meals. I get a lot of questions from mothers about how to feed. 75 to 80 percent of babies also have gas problems. Especially mothers with colic babies are confused about what to eat and are confused about what to eat or what not to eat, ”he said.
“SOOTH DRINKS SHOULD BE CONSUMED IN THE DECISION”
LOOK FOR THESE SUGGESTIONS
Dr. Bright gave the following information about the diet of a nursing mother:
“Water constitutes 80 percent of breast milk. Therefore, there should be an average of 3 liters of fluid consumption per day. You should drink plenty of water, and we recommend that you consume compote, maternity sherbet. Herbal teas such as linden, chamomile, fennel, which both relax the mother and increase the milk, can be consumed 1-2 cups daily. Do not consume slimming tea. I recommend mothers who say they forget to drink water to drink 1 large glass of water after breastfeeding.
– You should have a balanced diet from every food group, including fruits, vegetables, meat-dairy products, grains, legumes and nuts.
– Meat, eggs, fish, offal, nuts (walnuts, almonds), dried fruits (plums, grapes, apricots), green leafy vegetables are foods rich in iron. We recommend that these foods be consumed 4-5 times a week.
– You should definitely use iodized salt. Iodine cannot be taken with natural foods. And iodine is effective in the intelligence development of the baby.
– Let’s consume fruits and vegetables in season. Dark green vegetables and yellow vegetables must be consumed. Since chemical supplements contain hormones, let’s not consume products that are out of season.
– We especially recommend you to consume oats, barley, tahini, dill, carrot, fennel, hazelnut, walnut because it increases breast milk production.
– Do not neglect the daily consumption of whole grain bread.
– Daily egg consumption is important for your baby’s brain development. Meat, chicken and eggs are rich in protein and should be consumed 3-4 times a week.
– We recommend eating fish once or twice a week.
– During breastfeeding, the need for iron increases, for this, red meat, eggs, dried fruits can be consumed.
– For calcium needs, milk, cheese, cheddar, yogurt should be consumed daily.